RATES: Additional fees and registration apply. Seating is limited. See Rates
CREATING A CULTURE OF EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
Sunday, October 14 | 8:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Jimmy Taylor, SPHRApproved for 4 HRCI Business Recertification Credit Hours and 4 SHRM PDCs
Poor employee engagement costs U.S. companies $500B a year (according to Gallup). High turnover takes an additional toll on company performance. According to PwC’s Annual Global CEO Survey, 93% of CEO’s recognize they need to change their talent strategy, but 63% of them haven’t taken the first step toward change. Many times, our leadership teams are paralyzed and simply don’t know where to start. Driving higher engagement presents an opportunity and responsibility for HR professionals to be strategic partners on one of the most significant challenges companies face today.
Every company has a “people culture”, but for some of us that culture needs to change. Like any organizational strategic initiative, driving change with our talent strategy starts with confronting the “brutal facts” about where we are today, and determining the company’s desired people destination.
In this workshop, attendee’s will walk through an interactive process to understand the fiscal impact/ROI and develop a people strategic plan. Using their individual companies, each participant will develop a people SWOT analysis, Cost of Turnover analysis, and Talent Audit as part of identifying their current state.
Then, we will use this foundation to:
- Create a People Vision statement that captures the vision the company has for their employees
- Develop a people strategic plan that, when implemented, will make that People Vision a reality
- Identify the critical steps needed to implement the strategic plan
- Transfer the initiative to a Focused Action Navigator designed to initiate and maintain the change management required
- Share their strategy with the group for peer review
- Understand the negative financial impact poor engagement and high turnover is having on the organization, and the potential ROI from improvement
- Review the crucial role managers play in company culture, and discuss strategies to develop managers to be coaches to their teams
- Articulate a desired People Mission Statement and Vision for their employees
- Develop a roadmap for implementing their people strategic plan within their organization
About the Speaker:
Jimmy is a 25+ year entrepreneur, HR leader, speaker, consultant, and executive coach. Currently he works with companies to help them develop a “people vision”, improve engagement and reduce turnover. He also partners with family owned businesses to develop roadmaps for successful transitions to the next generation of ownership. Previously he was a founding partner of Novotus, a Texas based Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider three times named the number one mid-market RPO by HRO Today. He is a former member of the Board of Trustee’s for DallasHRand serves as a District Director for Texas SHRM. He is a frequent presenter for HR and CEO organizations. Jimmy uses his experience in both talent management/development and business leadership to help owners and company leaders understand, design, change and grow themselves and their companies. His passion is helping leaders and the teams they serve reach their potential!