The HRSouthwest Conference (HRSWC), powered by DallasHR was founded in 1941, is recognized today as the largest regional human resources event in the United States. The conference offers educational sessions, nationally renowned keynote speakers and a Marketplace of 200+ solution and service providers.
Throughout the 2½-day event, an abundance of networking opportunities are provided, giving our more than 2000 attendees and exhibitors the chance to network with each other, build connections and interact with the expert lineup of educational speakers.
While recognized as the State of Texas SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) Conference, HRSWC draws in professionals from across the country. In addition, the student sponsorship program allows us to fund students who wish to attend The Conference through contributions made by organizations and individuals supporting the development of future HR professionals.
HRSWC evolves every year through feedback and survey data. But the work doesn’t just happen as a result of the efforts of the small staff employed by the Conference. More than 100 volunteers – all members of Texas SHRM affiliated chapters – contribute many hours to planning and delivering this event annually. Their dedication to their peers and the profession is apparent when you attend The Conference.
Future HRSWC Dates:
- October 14 – 17, 2018
- October 27 – 30, 2019
- October 4 – 7, 2020
The HRSouthwest Conference is a division of DallasHR.
View a list of the Volunteer Directors currently leading the committees:
- Subject matter experts deliver educational sessions on the most current, relevant HR topics including employment law, healthcare and talent management, to name a few.
- Networking opportunities abound throughout the 2 1/2–day event.
- 200+ solution providers display and demonstrate their latest products and services.
- Earn SHRM PDCs and HRCI recertification credit hours simultaneously
How Green is The HRSouthwest Conference?
The volunteers and staff of the HRSouthwest Conference are mindful of the environmental impact that educating, feeding, housing and entertaining 2,500 people over four days has on our host city. We do everything we can to mitigate or offset our carbon footprint and are always looking for new ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.
See how the conference has become sustainable over the years.
- Reduced pre-conference printed material by 15,000 pages annually since 2010
- Eliminated bottled water from meals and breaks in 2011
- Eliminated hotel shuttle service in 2010
- All session handouts available online
- Water stations and refillable bottles keep more than 16,000 bottles out of area landfills
- 100% Starbucks products are served, all in compostable containers
- Recycled paper towels are used in all back of house areas
- Concession serving trays are made from recycled products and biodegradable
- 40% of food product is locally produced and/or from local vendors
- 100% use of eco-friendly cleaning products
Fort Worth Convention Center
- Low-impact cleaning policy, using green-certified products
- Waste reduction through recycling of paper, cardboard, aluminum, glass, plastic containers, and metals
- Low-impact pest management, using Integrated Pest Management practices
- Use of recycled paper products, green-certified soap and cleaning products, and automatic lighting and dispensers in rest rooms
- Low-impact HVAC and electrical
“All of the sessions I attended were absolutely amazing. Every speaker was engaging and the topics were current. Information shared was applicable to my current position, and after each session, I found myself energized about my job. I have attended many conferences over the years and HRSWC is the first one that I have attended where every session and speaker relayed information that I can use daily. I appreciate all of the exhibitors and enjoyed speaking with them. I loved the bookstore and bought several books by speakers at the conference. Can’t wait to go back next year!”
“The HRSouthwest Conference was hands down the best conference I have ever attended in my over 15 years of being an HR professional! The ease of registration, organized flow of the conference setup – from getting a cup of coffee to getting to the sessions I desired to attend – and the best variety of knowledge base sessions with facilitators who exude energy and knowledge in there field of expertise. HRSWC “ROCKS” and I will be returning next year and hopefully years to come!”
“Thank you for an amazing experience HRSWC! This was my first visit and I was significantly impressed. The content of the sessions were both thought provoking and invigorating. I left the conference reenergized, filled with more purpose and excitement to continue to love what I do as an HR professional! I can’t wait for the conference next year.”
-Kieshana Joan Miles
“I have attended HRSWC the past four years and my experience gets better each and every time. Because HRSWC is so valuable to me, I no longer attend any other conferences. I return to my office each year with more knowledge, information and contacts than I would ever think possible. I look forward to many more in the future.”
“I enjoyed the endless networking opportunities. I was able to connect with people in my area, both public and private sectors, who have already turned into great business relationships.”
-Tony Luton II
“Wow! The conference was an absolutely fabulous opportunity for me. Although I’ve been in HR for a long time now, I have not had the chance to attend until this year. I am re-energized with enthusiasm for my career and what we can do for our most valuable assets – the people we work with day in and out. From the opening ceremony to the closing and everything in between, the programs were exciting, informative, interactive and motivating. I hope to return next year.”