Know Before You Go
- What are the future dates of The HRSouthwest Conference?
- What is the appropriate attire for The Conference?
- Where is The Conference held?
- Who should attend The Conference?
- Can I bring children to The Conference?
- What is the cost to attend The Conference?
- Who can I contact with questions regarding registration?
- What does the registration fee include?
- Are there discounted registrations available for students?
- What is the deadline to pre-register for The Conference?
- How can registration payments be made?
- Will my contact information be shared with others?
- I can only attend part of The Conference. Can someone else attend the rest of The Conference in my place?
- I have an emergency or found out at the last minute that I cannot attend Conference. What do I do?
- What are the rules regarding cancellation of a registration?
- Can I be denied registration/entrance into The Conference for any reason?
- I live outside of the U.S. Do I need a visa to attend The Conference?
- I was unable to attend a specific educational session. How can I get one of the speakers’ handouts?
- Can I go to any educational session I want? Is pre-registration required?
- How do I receive HRCI credit for the sessions I attend?
- When will session times be announced?
- I’d like to plan out a personalized schedule of educational sessions before I arrive. Is there a tool available to help with that?
- How will I know which room an educational session will take place?
- I’m interested in speaking at HRSouthwest. How do I submit a proposal?
When You Arrive Questions
- Where do I pick up my badge?
- Is there internet access available at the Fort Worth Convention Center?
- Is there a business center available at the Fort Worth Convention Center?
- I heard about the Silent Auction. Where is it, what items are available and who does it benefit?
Sponsors & Exhibitors Questions
What is the appropriate attire for the conference? Business casual attire is suggested for all events during the conference. Dressing in layers or bringing a sweater or light jacket is recommended during the day. The meeting rooms can get chilly.
Where is the conference held? The conference takes place at the Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Who should attend The HRSouthwest Conference? The conference is designed to provide world-class SHRM- and HRCI-approved education, dynamic networking events and a robust Marketplace of HR-related solution providers. Individuals who are involved in the creation, management and/or implementation of human resource-related policy and practices should attend. Educational sessions are tailored to all professional levels, for those new to the HR field to those in senior-level executive roles. Speakers include national, regional and local experts on a wide variety of topics.
Can I bring children to the conference? As an educational event designed for human resource professionals, children are not permitted.
What are the future dates of The HRSouthwest Conference? Oct 4 – 7, 2020
What is the cost to attend the conference? Conference rates vary by membership type and date of registration. Please visit the Rates & Registration page for more information on the rates currently offered.
Who can I contact with questions regarding registration? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 469.283.6966.
What does the registration fee include? The full conference registration fee includes:
- All educational sessions (excluding pre-conference workshops which require separate registration)
- Marketplace access during published hours
- Welcome to Fort Worth HR Professionals Kick Off (practitioners only)
- Welcome reception
- Closing reception
- Breaks and lunches in the Marketplace
- General Sessions with Keynote speakers
- Unlimited networking opportunities with nearly 2,000 human resource professionals
Are there discounted registrations available for students? Yes, eligible students may register to attend the full conference at a rate of only $200. Applications may also be submitted for a sponsored registration which covers that rate. Applications are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is the deadline to pre-register? Registrations can be submitted online through October 25, 2019. Checks will not be accepted after Friday, October 18, 2019.
Please see Rates & Registration page for more information.
How can registration payments be made? We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard , as well as checks up until Friday, October 18, 2019.
To pay by credit card, please register online. A confirmation receipt will be provided via email after you complete your registration.
To pay by check, please print your email acknowledgement and mail along with your payment. Check payments must be received in accordance with the Terms of Payment in order to confirm your registration.
Make checks payable to: THE HRSOUTHWEST CONFERENCE
MAIL TO: The HRSouthwest Conference Attn: Attendee Registration 5001 LBJ Freeway Ste 800 Dallas, TX 75244
Visit the Contact Us page to download a W-9 form.
Will my contact information be shared with others? General attendee information may be shared with our sponsors and exhibitors. You may opt out of this when prompted during the online registration process.
I can only attend part of the conference. Can someone else attend the rest of the event in my place? Partial transfers are not permitted. You may, however, transfer the entire registration to another individual. See our Transfer Policy on the Rates & Registration page for details. The use of a registered attendee’s conference badge by another individual is strictly prohibited.
I have an emergency or found out at the last minute that I cannot attend the conference. What do I do? We understand that unforeseeable circumstances and emergencies do occur. Registrants must submit cancellations in writing email@example.com. A cancellation fee will be incurred and all cancellation policies will apply.
Registrations may also be transferred in full to another individual. However, higher registration fees will apply if membership status is different. Transfer requests must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 214.631.4533 and will incur a $50 administrative fee. Transfer request letters must be from the original registrant and on company letterhead. This holds true for transfers handled on-site at the registration desk as well. Registrations will not be transferred from one year to the next.
What are the rules regarding cancellation of a registration? All cancellations or transfers must be submitted via email or by mail to The HRSouthwest Conference (5001 LBJ Fwy, Ste 800, Dallas, TX 75244) and incur an administrative fee:
All cancellations will be assessed a $75 administrative fee.
- Received on or before August 27, 2019, 100% refund (less administrative fee).
- Received on or before September 27, 2019, refund of 50% (less administrative fee).
- After September 27, 2019, no refund is available.
Refunds are paid to original payor via original method of payment.
Can I be denied registration/entrance into the conference for any reason? The HRSouthwest Conference reserves the right to deny registration or entrance to any individual or entity for any reason, at the conference’s sole discretion.
I live outside of the U.S. Do I need a visa to attend the conference? There are a few countries that require a visa for entry into the U.S. We recommend checking in advance with your country’s local U.S. consulate.
I was unable to attend a specific education session. How can I get the speakers’ handouts? We request that speakers upload their handouts for attendee access via the mobile app prior to the event. In addition, a select number of sessions will be recorded and available for download following the conference on the Online Learning Center (separate purchase required).
Handouts are not available for all sessions as speakers may choose not to provide them. More information will be available on how to download presentations after the conference.
Can I go to any education sessions I want? Is pre-registration required? You are free to attend any of the education sessions listed in the Conference Program, unless otherwise noted. No pre-registration or RSVP is required.
How do I receive HRCI and/or SHRM credit for the sessions I attend?
At the end of the conference survey, you will receive information on submitting your session attendance for credit. In order to receive credit for your hours, information must be submitted in accordance with the guidelines of the accrediting bodies.
When will session times be announced? Information specific to educational session topics will be available in June.
I’d like to plan out my education schedule before I arrive. Is there a tool available to help with that? Yes, this is available on the official HRSouthwest Conference mobile app downloadable from mobile app stores. The event app will be available approximately 30 days prior to the start of the conference.
How will I know which room an education session is held? The official conference mobile app will include that information.
I’m interested in speaking at The HRSouthwest Conference. How do I submit a proposal? If you are interested in submitting a proposal to speak, please click here for submission window status.
When You Arrive Answers
Where do I pick up my badge? You may pick up your badge and conference bag at the registration desk during open registration hours.
Is there internet access available at the Fort Worth Convention Center? Yes. Complimentary wireless access in the Fort Worth Convention Center is available for conference attendees. Login details will be available onsite.
Where is the Business Center at the Fort Worth Convention Center? The Convention Center does not have a business center. The conference Resource Center offers complimentary computers with internet access. If you need something printed, Fed Ex is available within walking distance of the center.
I hear there’s a Silent Auction at the conference. Where is it, what items are available and who does it benefit? Each year, the Silent Auction showcases many exciting items available for bid, ranging from sports and entertainment tickets, dining and retail gift certificates, jewelry, electronics, training session certificates, memorabilia and much more. The Silent Auction is located in the Marketplace and all proceeds benefit the Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Fund.
Sponsors & Exhibitors Answers
How do I register to be an Exhibitor? Visit the Exhibitors page to secure your booth.
How do I become a Sponsor? What are the benefits? Conference sponsors receive a wide array of benefits and recognition including complimentary booth space, acknowledgment in pre-conference marketing materials, onsite signage, and much more. Sponsorship packages are designed to accommodate many different budget levels and can be customized to help you achieve your specific marketing goals. Read more about Sponsorship opportunities here, or contact Brad Shanklin at email@example.com
Get Involved Answers
How can I volunteer to help out at the conference? The HRSouthwest Conference is supported by an all-volunteer Board of Directors and committee volunteers, all of whom are HR professionals or suppliers to the industry. Volunteer selections are made in December for the following year’s event. To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of any Texas SHRM Chapter. Visit our Volunteer Information page to submit your volunteer interest form.
Have Additional Questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information