Awards & Scholarship Applications
Texas Volunteer Leader of the Year Award
Volunteers are an integral part of and a vital asset to the continued success of the Texas SHRM affiliated chapters. The Texas Volunteer of the Year Award is given to recognize those whose volunteer efforts and impact are exemplary in serving the Human Resources community in the State of Texas. The honoree is awarded an HRSouthwest Conference student sponsorship donated in the honoree’s name, a Full HRSouthwest Conference Registration and up to three nights lodging, a personalized plaque, recognition on The HRSouthwest Conference website.
Texas Volunteer Leader of the Year Requirements
- Nominee must be an active SHRM affiliated chapter Board member or Texas SHRM Board member
- Nominee has consistently and significantly contributed to the chapter or Texas SHRM and has volunteered his or her services time-after-time to the service of the chapter or Texas SHRM
- This individual has an outstanding record of participation in the Chapter or Council
- Their active dedication and enthusiasm demonstrate unparalleled commitment to the advancement of our profession through their hours of volunteerism
Nomination Process and Timeline
Any Texas SHRM affiliated chapter member may submit a nominee using the TX Volunteer Leader of the Year nomination form. Questions may be directed to denaculpepper
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship
Up to four scholarships of $1,500 plus the net proceeds from the Silent Auction will be awarded to qualified students. In addition, the students will receive a complimentary registration to the 2020 conference and up to three nights lodging (shared room). Award winners will be selected based upon their academic standing, involvement in their community and campus, and by recommendations of their professors, advisors, and/or employers. All scholarship applications are due no later than Friday, May 15, 2020.
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Requirements
- Applicant must be a full or part-time student at an accredited college or university.
- Full-time undergraduates must carry a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Part-time undergraduates must carry a minimum of 6 semester hours and not more than 11.5 hours.
- Full-time graduate students must carry a minimum of 6 semester hours.
- Part-time graduate students must carry a minimum of 3 semester hours and not more than 5.5 semester hours.
- Must be at least a junior standing at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Must be continuing classes after December 2020.
- Part-time students must work at least 25 hours per week, preferably in an HR related profession.
- Must be a member of an affiliated SHRM chapter in the Southwest Central Region during the current academic year.
- Undergraduate applicants must have declared a major in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- Graduate applicants must be enrolled in a master’s or doctorate degree program and clearly pursuing an emphasis are in Human Resources or Human Resources-related program.
- Consideration will be given to students who are unable to declare a major in Human Resource Management but can clearly show they are pursuing education in the HR field and are actively involved in a SHRM chapter.
- Carry an overall GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Not a previous recipient of the Excellence in Education Scholarship.
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Application
The Application period is closed.