Become a Speaker
Submit a Proposal
Thank you for your interest in participating as a speaker at The HRSouthwest Conference. The call for proposals for the 2019 conference is now CLOSED and we are no longer accepting submissions.
The HRSouthwest Conference looks for subject matter experts to maintain our history of educational excellence by delivering high-quality educational sessions that will engage, empower and energize attendees in one of our learning tracks.
Speaker Selection Process and Criteria
The HRSouthwest Conference has a reputation for providing high quality education to our attendees. Educational sessions are delivered by leading industry experts on a variety of topics of relevance to human resources professionals.
The majority of HRSWC attendees:
- Seek recertification credit hours for their professional HR designation
- Represent top industries such as health care, manufacturing, government and finance
- Perform many different functions within their organizations including HR generalist, employee relations, recruitment, benefits, and training and development
- Serve in the role of manager/director and above
To provide our attendees with the best educational content available, a team of human resource professionals with subject matter expertise in HR knowledge and competencies, along with industry experts, serve on our educational sessions committee.
Each year, HRSWC receives nearly three times the number of proposals we are able to accept. Our speaker selection process is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Proposed topic, relevance and value to the HR profession.
- Originality, educational value.
- Speaker’s credentials and subject matter expertise.
- Reference checks
- Evaluations from previous HRSouthwest Conferences, if applicable.
- Public speaking experience at professional conferences, seminars and workshops.
Speakers are carefully evaluated and selected based on their proposed topic and individual qualifications including a reference check. For this reason, speaker substitutions are not permitted without prior approval of HRSWC. Before submitting a proposal, please be sure that you will be able to keep your commitment to appear as scheduled, if selected. For this same reason, co-speakers must be indicated at proposal submission and will not be added after acceptance.
Speaker Notification Process
Speakers will be notified if their proposal was accepted or declined in early May via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted speakers will be provided their accepted session title, presentation date and time and are required to formally accept their time slot.
We do not accept submissions for keynote speakers. The selection process for HRSWC keynote speakers begins more than a year in advance. While selecting these speakers, considerations such as the theme of The Conference, hot topics in the Human Resources industry and personal/professional motivational subjects are the driving factors. The conference works with various speaker bureaus to identify keynotes that deliver outstanding presentations that “wow” our attendees.